Wednesday, April 8, 2015

~Rolling Over~



Have you ever had something happen in your life that felt so right to the point that you never thought it could disappear and when it fell through you felt like you had the wind knocked out of you?
I've personally experienced this myself a few months ago actually but it's made me come to realize something that I never would've learned if I hadn't gone through it myself and that lesson was this..
As humans and even once we're Christians we look for things to show up in our lives and once they do we depend on "how it feels"..we simply consider that it must be "God's will" since it "just feels right" at that moment. Oftentimes we will even find signs that we consider as "signs from God"
Here's what I've learned..if something or even someone shows up in your life..first think.."is this person a lesson or something that's predestined?"
Next..ask yourself.."what would God think of this and was this sent by God?"
Next..I've learned that.."if God doesn't "confirm"..they'll be "lessons" to be "learned" 
Another thing is..wait it out and it will figure itself out..if it's a "God send" then nothing can prevent it from coming to pass..if it's "Satan sent" then those plans will fall through and you'll make it through with God's help!
Oftentimes we overthink what God's plans really are and we depend on OUR FEELINGS instead of asking God what his opinion is first!
Oftentimes we will forget that it says in His word that "He has plans to prosper us and not harm us.."
So think of it this way..if you mistake an alternate plan for God's plan and those plans fall through then praise God that His plans never can fall through and that He protected you from something or someone that wasn't meant to be in your life, although it could've been "good" it still wouldn't have been God's plan and when it comes to His plans they are "great" instead of only "good enough"
So when your plans don't work out.."roll over" and think about God's plans for you!

Let's focus on the fact that we now understand what we need to be looking for..not with our eyes but with "eyes of the spirit"
Let's not focus on our feelings but let's find out from God what His feelings are and most of all..let's wait for God to confirm those plans for our lives!
When it's silent..praise God,
When there's stillness and no movement..praise God,
When everything is going well..praise God,
When there's a trial..praise God,
When you're grieving..praise God,
When you're confused or tired..praise God,
When it all comes together..praise God...because God is working everything out for you but your job is to trust in Him and to praise Him at all time as He is doing these things!

Don't become weary..rejoice in the fact that He's working it out now for you!
Plus, when you're sad..time simply doesn't go by fast..but when you rejoice and you're glad..God's plans sure do seem to come together fast..Remember that.
I'm going to post three verses that always help me to refocus myself on God's plans..

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

Job 42:1-2
"Then Job answered the Lord and said:
“I know that you can do all things,
and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted."

Proverbs 19:21
"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."

~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment