Monday, February 16, 2015

~Refocus:Don't lose sight of what's important~



Have you ever lost sight of what you were most passionate about because of a traumatic event that happened in your life?
Life comes with so many unexpected issues at times and often we will find ourselves in need of finding our way back to what we're most passionate about!
Sometimes we need to have someone to encourage us to go after those passions again and oftentimes we need to be reminded of how good it once was when we were involved in those passions!
I want to share something with you about this very subject about myself,
For a few years I've struggled with this very thing..it all started when a dear friend of mine passed away and I never would allow myself to talk about it, I felt like a part of myself had ended because of what happened to her suddenly and I didn't know what to feel, I was hurting, confused, sad, and at times even mad because of losing her in such a terrible way..
it's really something how we sometimes shut down in ways without realizing it until later on and that happened to me recently, I didn't understand how deeply I was taking it even after all these years later and tonight while I was singing a certain song..all of these feelings started coming back..I was feeling restoration inside of myself and I was starting to remember the good times again, as well as remembering that my passion was truly in this level of worship and singing! It was amazing to feel this way again!
I'm sharing this with you today because I want you to know that..if you are facing something difficult in your life that is distracting you from following after your passions in life and you're looking for someone to encourage and to remind you of where your heart is..I'm doing that now! 
I want to lift you up today and help you to get back to your love in life..that God given ability that you have inside of you! Don't give up on your passions just because you've been hurt or oppressed or if you're struggling or even if someone is telling you that it's impossible..
Don't listen to negative words or even listen to Satan putting lies into your ear that is telling you that you cannot do what you're called to do! 
If anything allow the words "You can't" to fuel you and give you that determination to do it anyway! 
When you hear negative words in your life..do what you want to do anyway because it's something that you're passionate about and it's something that God has called you to do!
If God is for you..why then does it matter who chooses not to stand with you? You're not alone in this because God is with you at all times even when you're hurting or someone has hurt you..don't be discouraged but allow yourself to give that pain and heartache to God so you can continue in the purpose that you know you're supposed to be in!

Romans 8:31
"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment