Thursday, March 12, 2015

~Beyond Your Control~



Some things in this life are uncertain and even beyond our control,
When these things happen..we cannot change certain things, for instance..we cannot change the weather, no more than we can change someone's mind on a matter..
However, the only thing that we can change is our response and attitude to the mysteries in this life..the things that are beyond our control.
We cannot allow things or even people to control or to alter our outlook on life, we mustn't change our values or even our personality merely on the fact that someone isn't comfortable with you acting a certain way or even responding a certain way that is different from the way they respond.
Be yourself, be the person that is confident in who they are in Christ, learn that nothing and no one should cause you to lose your integrity or to tell you that your dreams are too big..those are the negative things that you should never listen to because if someone truly cares about you.. they will not challenge your values, question your dreams, our even cause you to question who you are or what you think about the world, 
We are supposed to encourage and lift up others around us, we are meant to benefit the ideals of our friends and family, if we cannot do that, then what are we doing with our time? 
What is the point if we aren't lifting others up? 
What do we accomplish at the end of the day or at the end of our lives if we cannot make other people around us want to grow and become something even more at the end of our lives or even pass a smile along to them..what are we doing to others? 
Are you leaving a good legacy behind? What will you be remembered for? 
It's quite simple for me..
The legacy I want to leave behind is..
#1. That I cause people to question their disbelief in God and come to realize that  he is real and loves them.
#2. For people to remember me as being kind and always smiling even through life's struggles.
#3. That I helped someone through a hard time in their life and in result they didn't give up.
#4. To leave behind this world being a successful Wife, Mother and perhaps even a grandmother..I want them to remember me as being a woman of faith and always a speaker of life to those around me..not just to my family but to everyone I met in my life..even those who weren't so kind to me, and I want to teach them to never give up hope..even when others around you are saying that it's hopeless.
That's the legacy that I want to leave, that's the most important thing in my mind. What is the legacy that you want to leave? Are you causing people around you to gradually grow or are you causing people to slowly pass away?

Proverbs 18:20-21
"From the fruit of a man's mouth his stomach is satisfied;
he is satisfied by the yield of his lips.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
and those who love it will eat its fruits."

~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment