Saturday, July 18, 2015

~You've got me~




Do you ever feel like you're all alone?
I'll admit that I struggle with as well but when this happens my mind goes to this verse..

Psalms 42:5
"Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation"

If you notice this verse is repeated many times throughout psalms 42 and so on, have you ever wondered why it was repeated so many times?
I think that the reason for that is because David was feeling lonely and desperate to hear from God, like we sometimes feel in our lives.
It's good to know that even kings sometimes feel lonely and it can cause us to realize that when that feeling comes over us we don't have to fear that we're alone..because God isn't far from us, we just have to reach out to him at times, I love to read this part of the verse as well..

Psalms 42:1-4
"As a deer pants for flowing streams,
so pants my soul for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God,
for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?
My tears have been my food
day and night,
while they say to me all the day long,
“Where is your God?”
These things I remember,
as I pour out my soul:
how I would go with the throng
and lead them in procession to the house of God
with glad shouts and songs of praise,
a multitude keeping festival."

"As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you.."
When we read this part it helps us to remember that..much like a deer thirsts for water, we cannot be satisfied without a drink from the fountain of living water, we cannot live our lives to the fullest unless we have God leading us to where we need to go or to comfort us in times of loneliness! 
God will be there to bring us comfort..because He is the comforter and the fountain to satisfy our every thirst! 
Reach out to Him today and don't be afraid to ask for what you need from Him..He is there to listen to your every need but don't forget to thank Him just for being there and for being your strength when you were in your weakness! 
I'm so glad that we serve such a mighty God, aren't you?

~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment