Wednesday, December 31, 2014

~New Seasons, New Reasons~



It's hard to believe that it's merely hours away from the new year, I'm sure some are optimistic coming into something fresh but I'm sure that there are also many of you that are apprehensive starting off another year when you didn't act on last years resolution, whatever that might be.
I'm certain that we should try to do something to better ourselves not just every year but for every day of our lives, we don't need to start the new year off with promises that we don't intend to keep, it's better to be honest with yourself and know what you can and cannot fulfill.
For instance, you cannot fulfill something like.."I'm going to become the president of the company this year!" But you cannot fulfill that if you're delivering the mail to the office..let's be practical when we promise to make something of ourselves to better ourselves by making resolutions that we can make happen!
As for myself, my resolution is pretty much the same every year.."I'm going to make as many people smile as I can, including making myself smile by doing the things that makes me happy!"
If your resolution is something that gives you joy to do, you're going to fulfill that promise! 
Passion will always drive you to complete the mission! 
Do something that gives you joy, help a person in need, volunteer to learn valuable lessons, finish something you started last year but failed to complete, do something that's good for you, vow to take your family to church every Sunday at the start of the new year and I promise you that you'll notice a difference in your family's attitude!

The key to keeping your New Years resolutions is quite simple..
Become a better you, serve others, learn something, grow closer to God..
But at the same time, don't limit yourself to the impossible! Because if you're dedicated and driven.. anything is possible..especially if God is on your side!

With that note, here is my New Years resolution..
#1. volunteer at the local library reading to the children.
#2. Finish my children's book by the end of the year.
#3. Go on a real vacation.
#4. Continue seeking God's purpose for my life.
And finally..
#5. Put music to at least one song that I've already written.
Do I intend to fulfill these? Yes, I really do. I'm passionate about all of these things so I know that I can make them happen!
Remember to make resolutions that are things you are passionate about and you'll be able to make them happen!

Happy New Year to all of my readers, God's favor to you all in the new year!

Job 8:5-7
"If you will seek God
and plead with the Almighty for mercy,
if you are pure and upright,
surely then he will rouse himself for you
and restore your rightful habitation.
And though your beginning was small,
your latter days will be very great."


~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment