Thursday, July 3, 2014

~Lord, I don't know what to do..~

Sometimes in our lives we are broadsided by unthinkable events and we feel as though we've had the air knocked out of us.. Unfortunately it happens to us all at some point..whether it be by being betrayed by someone we trusted, losing your job when you thought it was going to be a big promotion, Your house burning down, or worst of all..facing a tragedy in your family..
When my uncle passed away a couple years ago it was something that none of us were expecting..it was an accident that happened suddenly while my uncle and some other Men were moving a house..Before we received the call we were on our way to eat supper on my twentieth birthday and then we got the call..tears streamed down my face as I heard of this tragedy that had just happened, it left me speechless and so confused..there was nothing to say..all I could do was pray under my breath as I was crying quietly in the backseat of the truck..It made me realize that it's never easy losing a family member and no matter what day of the year it is..it still doesn't make it any easier to lose someone.
When tragedy happens in your life, there is only one person who can bring you comfort and strength to make it through this difficult time that you're facing and that's God..It's alright to not have the answers right now, believe me that will come with time as you grieve and God brings you comfort..it's okay to feel angry, broken and confused..God understands how you're feeling right now and he is going to help you through this. It's his promise to never leave us or forsake us..God is going to be the one that will help mend your broken heart..He is with you and so are your guardian angels.
There's a quote from the movie "Love comes softly" that I feel is appropriate.."The truth of God's love isn't that he allows bad things to happen..it's his promise that he'll be there with us when they do"
Psalms 119:81-82
"My soul longs for your salvation;
I hope in your word.
My eyes long for your promise;
I ask, “When will you comfort me?”
I know that you are hurting right now but you will rise again from this pain and you will have joy again..this pain won't hurt forever it's only temporary..we will always miss those who have gone before us..you will see them again someday..everything that once gave them joy on this earth won't compare to the kind of joy they'll have in Heaven..I pray that this brings you comfort as you're facing this difficult time, I know that there isn't a word that I can say to take the pain away but I hope what I've said brings you comfort and strength to make it through this.. God is going to get you through it and you may not think this now but you will have joy in the morning again in your life..it may not happen today but it will happen someday soon..God is going to be the one that helps you through every situation in your life, God is stronger..let him hold you today and bring you comfort.
Psalms 119:28
"My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word!"
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment