Sunday, January 19, 2014

~The Spirit of Oppression~

Tonight as I was sitting in the living room with my parents I suddenly had the feeling of oppression come over me, I've only felt this way once or twice before in my lifetime so far, But it wasn't a feeling that the sudden oppression belonged to me..It was the overwhelming feeling of so many hopeless people out there, The ones without any reason of purpose! I felt the pain and bitterness of someone out there that's struggling to let go of worry and doubt from their mind! I couldn't describe to you the way I truly felt when I sensed a spirit of oppression so I took it upon myself to research into the word "Oppression" so you could understand and relate.
"Oppression" to feel distressed, anxious, or uncomfortable.
The Spirit of Oppression is something that many people seem to carry on them these days, Many of them are also feeling confused, angry, depressed, worried, and the deepest feeling of these is oppression! It just seems to take hold on so many people and they don't have a clue that's the emotion they have been feeling inside of them! Sometimes it's harder to put a label on how you're feeling inside, that's why sometimes you need to talk to one of the elder's in your church, someone who has been serving Jesus longer than you've been alive, When the Bible speaks of "wise counsel" I believe that means to seek and elder who has seen just about everything and made it through it! One can really learn a lot from the older brothers and sisters in Christ..They have lived that long because they were smart and also knew when to say "I'm sorry" early on in their lives! Listen to them..they know a lot and if you'll realize that now and start becoming friends with a few of the elders in the church it will do a person some good!
I'm going to give you a couple verses on the subject of "oppression" to study and help you to be able to recognize this feeling and call it out into the light so you'll be able to get past it quickly and move on from this worry and stress! (Ecclesiastes 7:7-12) "Surely oppression can turn a wise person into a fool; likewise, a bribe corrupts the heart. the end of a matter is better than it's beginning; likewise, patience is better than pride. Do not let yourself be quickly provoked, for anger resides in the lap of fools. Do not say, "why were the old days better than these days?" for it is not wise to ask that. Wisdom, like an inheritance, is a good thing; It benefits those who see the light of day. For wisdom provides protection, just as money provides protection. But the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of it's owner."
(Psalm 88:9) "My eyes grow weak because of oppression. I call out to you, O Lord, all day long; I spread out my hands in prayer to you."
I hope this blesses you and I pray that God has touched you through reading this! Be sure to study on these verses some more during your week! May God truly bless you richly this week!
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment