Tuesday, April 22, 2014

~Do you still want to believe?~

Hebrews 11:1-3
"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."
Perhaps in your life you have had events occur that was so heartbreaking that it has caused you to lose your faith in the "unseen" things of God, I can understand where you are coming from on this subject even though I cannot relate to you in that way, 
Although I have had my moments of doubt and confusion in my life, 
When I was around three years old my cousin passed away from cancer, he was only fifteen years old, it was a painful time for our family and of course we questioned why he had to leave the world so early in his life, but the important thing was that he gave his heart to Jesus before he passed away and that brought comfort to us, We found comfort in knowing that someday we will see him again and we'll be together again! I still remember my cousin and the way he always took the time to let me sit on his lap..He even bought me a stuffed animal the last Christmas that he got to celebrate with us! A person doesn't forget memories like that, we sometimes forget the names and faces but the caring person who took the time to make us feel loved will always be remembered by us!
In this life we have a choice, we can either believe in something or not believe in something..To believe in something means that when bad times happen in our lives we have the faith that it's all going to work out! When we don't believe in something that means that when bad things happen we curse God and do not have hope that things will get better somehow in our lives!
When your life takes a turn for the worst..do not fear or hide your face..God has bigger plans for you and he wants to see you make a comeback in your life! Don't lie down and die! Don't give up the fight! God's going to get you through it and you will be happy again, you will smile again, you will be comforted! 
Allow God to bring you the healing comfort of his arms! You're going to make it! Have faith and don't be afraid to believe even when you just can't see past the hurt yet..you will someday! Hold on to the faith and choose to believe in God!
There's an awesome song by Jeremy Camp that says.. "I still believe in your faithfulness, I still believe in your truth, I still believe in your holy word, even when I don't see, I still believe"
Sometimes the only thing left for us to do is to simply believe..even though we don't like the place that we're in at the moment, trust that God has good times ahead for you in the future and let go! God's going to bring you comfort now..seek him and you shall find him..you will find comfort in his arms!
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment