Wednesday, April 16, 2014

~Patience is a virtue?~


Psalms 37:7
"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!"
With everything that's going on in the world these days It's nearly impossible to have patience but if you can be strong enough to have patience you will have blessings and such favor in your life!
I don't know how many times I've questioned God for the times of trouble that I had been in, sometimes we just simply cannot have the patience that we need to wait it out and allow God to see us through but somehow we cannot wait as well as we once could, back in the bible days it was easier to remain constant in your walk with God because there weren't any electronics to interrupt their times of prayer and supplication to God!
We have somehow allowed technology to suddenly control our prayer schedules that we feel as though we don't have the opportunity to study the word or even pray anymore..it's suddenly become a once a week thing..if that!
If we cannot be dedicated to God like we should be then how can we ever expect the things in our personal lives such as relationships, jobs, goals, hopes and dreams to be taken care of? If we cannot value our relationship with our God then how could we ever take care of someone else someday? We have put God on the back burner too many times in our lives, so much that there are times when we allow "God's will" to become our plan B in life, when God's plan should be the only plan in our lives! We make so many bad choices daily, so what makes us think that we could ever truly survive without God leading us? 
There's a song by avalon that I keep in mind every time I begin to fall back into the flesh, this song always brings me back to God's plan and keeps me focused on what matters the most. It says this..
"I could live life alone and never fill the longings of my heart, the healing warmth of someone's arms, and I could live without dreams and never know the thrill of what could be, with every star so far and out of reach, I could live without many things, and I could carry on, But I couldn't face my life tomorrow without your hope in my heart I know, I can't live a day without you, Lord, there's no night and there's no morning without your loving arms to hold me, you're the heartbeat of all I do, I can't live a day without you!"
Our life should be just that, it should be about "I can't live a day without you..Lord, there's no night and there's so morning without your loving arms to hold me!" That's what our lives should be about! We should be willing to give our lives to God and have the faith that God will give us the patience to continue even after we have reached our destination! Even after God gives you the desires of your heart..don't forget to praise him for the blessing that he gave you! Life is short so give your life to the one who really values your life and wants to see you prosperous and successful! And as for patience..God will help you with that!
I used to be impatient in most areas of my life but if you ask God to help you to have more patience..He will help you! He helped me and even though I'm still waiting for the one thing in life that I've always dreamed of..I'm not giving up on that dream because I know who's holding onto that dream for me, keeping it safe until it comes safely into my arms,
Besides, aren't the best things in life the things that we wait the longest for?
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment