Thursday, April 24, 2014

~The Hope of which I cling to~


There are so many verses in the bible that can offer you hope in your time of need, I know that I have certain areas in the bible that I turn right to in my hour of need! My favorite place to turn to in the word of God is in Psalms! Here are a few verses for you to read that will help you as well!
Psalms 119:73-82
Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn your commandments.
Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice, because I have hoped in your word. I know, O Lord, that your rules are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me.
Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant. Let your mercy come to me, that I may live; for your law is my delight. Let the insolent be put to shame, because they have wronged me with falsehood; as for me, I will meditate on your precepts. Let those who fear you turn to me, that they may know your testimonies.
May my heart be blameless in your statutes,  that I may not be put to shame!  My soul longs for your salvation; I hope in your word. My eyes long for your promise; I ask, “When will you comfort me?”
Sometimes all we need to do is call out to God and say "God, bring me comfort at this time!" And God will hear your cry! Sometimes all we need to do is ask God to cling to us and come near to us when we are hurting, broken, confused and even when we are angry about something..God wants to hear our prayers no matter what they're about! God really cares about our need!
I'm going to share a couple more verses that I read when I'm struggling..Psalms 69:16-18
"Answer me, O Lord, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me. Hide not your face from your servant; for I am in distress; make haste to answer me. Draw near to my soul, redeem me; ransom me because of my enemies!"
Psalms 69:13-14
"But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness. Deliver me
from sinking in the mire;
 let me be delivered from my enemies
and from the deep waters."
Psalms 71:1-3
"In you, O Lord, do I take refuge;
let me never be put to shame!
In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline your ear to me, and save me! Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come; you have given the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress."
I hope these verses encourage you today as they do when I'm feeling hopeless or discouraged, whatever you're facing in your life right now, know that God sees you and he cares about the way you feel! Call out to him and he will help you out of your situation..no matter what your facing! No matter how big or small..God can help you with anything!
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment