Wednesday, May 14, 2014

~Are you who you want to be?~

Ever since I was a child I would sit around and visit with the adults and the elderly, because I loved hearing their wisdom and the stories they would tell about "the good ole days" even though I was good with children, babysitting or in the children's ministry doing puppets or skits, somehow I always wanted to be around the adults and just listen.
Back then I felt like it was more important to learn something from the elders of the church because I already knew when I was a child that I wanted to grow up to get married and later on share the wisdom I learned from those wonderful people with my children someday.
I always thought "I want to learn things now..not later" because I wanted to be prepared for what's to come in my life someday!
The problem nowadays is that the youth and young people don't take anything seriously and they don't feel the need to change to better their own future, it's concerning to me how they don't realize partying, drinking, just having a good time and being young..as they call it, they don't realize that it's affecting their goals, hopes, and dreams, and it's shaping the kind of person they're going to be in the future! They don't see it now and they don't realize how short life is and how lonely it will be when they wake up and realize that they wasted their lives away and they are alone with no one to share their lives with.
In the words of switchfoot "this is your life, are you who you want to be, this is your life, are you who you want to be, this is your life, is it everything you've dreamed it would be, when the world was younger, you had everything to lose, and you had everything to lose"
Choose wisely who you want to be today, because it could affect your future.
No other person can write your story, your choices are your own and they will affect your own life but the choices you make can affect others around you as well..so keep that in mind today as you make decisions through out your day, those decisions will affect who you turn out to be in the future, so be mindful of the friends you chose and the places you hang out in and the words you speak about yourself or about someone else..because the words you speak will form the kind of world you live in, so make your words count and only utter positive words about your friends and others, they will grow to appreciate your friendship and admire the kind of person that you are and they will want the kind of life that you are living if they see Jesus inside of you and they see the love of Jesus inside of you!
Proverbs 18:20-21
"From the fruit of a man's mouth his stomach is satisfied;
he is satisfied by the yield of his lips.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits."
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment