Friday, May 23, 2014

~Happier than I originally planned~

I wanted to Testify of what God has done in my life! 
I feel so blessed and fortunate in my life, not everyone can say that they were raised in a Godly home or that their parents have been happily married for 37 years! In the world nowadays it's not very common for couples to be together that long and still be happy about it! It seems like there just aren't very many "power couples" out there these days to follow their good example! This is just one of the many things in my life that I feel blessed to have, to learn from my parents example and someday use that to build a life with my future husband someday,
I think that the problem these days is that most of us just want to be with someone..instead of finding "the one" the truth is that not just anyone can do, it has to be right and after you find that person you have to be dedicated to them and make the commitment to build a happy life with that person, I know that it takes time and patience.. amongst other things to make it with someone but I know that it's worth it to wait for the right person to spend your life with!
The other thing I'm thankful for is that my parents taught me to respect leaders in the church and seek the wisdom of the elders, they have turned out to be some of my closest friends and I've learned a lot from them! You can learn a lot about life when you talk to a person who has a lot of life's experiences!
The other thing that I'm thankful for is that I have learned valuable lessons in the church and have learned people skills along the way, I'm still slightly shy because that's part of my personality but I'm not a backward type of person, I love to visit with people and entertain company, I may not be the life of the party or the most outgoing person in the room but I'm good to keep company with as well as being behind the scenes, like being in the kitchen! I've learned that it's okay for me to be the person that I am because God made me that way and I don't have to be someone that I'm not for someone to like me and I'm not going to change to fit someone else's standards..I only need to measure up to God's standards..not the standards of this world! I've learned that I am good enough because God says that I am his child!
The other thing I'm thankful for is that I surrendered my life to God and have accepted his will and purpose for my life instead of pursuing my own selfish desires, and I've realized that I'm truly happy because of it! I'm excited and I'm looking forward to what the future will bring and who I will meet along the way..I know that God's plans are the key to true happiness and I know that he won't let me down..he'll lead me right where I'm supposed to be! Right now I'm meant to lead praise and worship here but there's much more that God has planned for me and I'm determined to see his plans through!
I'm happier than I ever thought I could be and it's according to his purpose that I'm so full of joy and have such rich blessings in my life! I Praise God for all he's done and is going to do, to where I'll go and who he'll lead me to!
Surrender your life to him and you'll be happier than you originally planned too!
Romans 8:28-30
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment