Friday, May 16, 2014

~What does it take to be a friend?~

When it comes to the word "Friend" the first thing in my mind is not just someone to have fun with but it's someone who is always there for you when you really need someone, passing time and space shouldn't matter as long as that person is just a call away from you and you are just a call away from them it they are in need of someone.
The word Friendship goes much further than you believe, to be a true friend also means that you will stand up for that person when others gossip about them, not only that but a true friend will also dig deep to find out if their friend is in trouble and is in need of talking to someone.
When your friend makes a mistake in life you don't point your finger and blame them..instead you reassure them that everyone makes mistakes and that you're there for them to help them to cope with what they've done and to forgive themselves.
That reminds me of a story in the bible about Peter, Jesus knew that Peter was going to deny him and yet Jesus still loved him though he knew what Peter was getting ready to do! That's what you call grace! Jesus did the same thing for us when he died for us..He knew that we were sinners and that we would sometimes sin even after we have been saved..but Jesus still offered us grace to make it right! Jesus loved us so much..though we were sinners..he died for us! Not because we deserved it but because of his mercy and grace! Now that's what you call a friend! Jesus is a true friend!
And sometimes friends will fail us and betray us in life but Jesus never will fade away from us! Jesus will always be there when we are hurting! Sometimes people fail us and leave us all alone, I know how that feels because I've felt that before but I moved on from that because I realized that no one on earth can ever satisfy me or be there for me the way that my God can!
When we trust only in people..we will always get hurt but when you trust in God and you never lose hope that people will change through Christ..you won't be hurt be anyone permanently! When God is with me..whom shall I fear? When people leave..God is with me! Trust in God..God is your source..not people! When people fail you..God can never fail you! God loves you!
Psalms 41:9-10
"Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me. But you, O Lord, be gracious to me, and raise me up, that I may repay them!"
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment