Thursday, May 22, 2014

~Welcome home, you!~

It's so painful to watch people who you once knew, people who were your friends before..now they are away from God and they feel like strangers when you're around them now.
I cannot express to you enough how much my heart hurts to see them out of church, I never thought I'd see the day when someone so close to God..they could just let their relationship with God slip away and now I feel like I don't even know them anymore, almost as though I've never known them before.
It's hard to believe at times where they are in their lives currently, it pains me to see them hurting and seeing them lost.
I wish there was a way for me to reach them and tell them just how much I miss seeing them in church with me, these people who were my friends have lost their way with God and every time I see them I wonder what happened for them to get so far away from God!
I want to have the chance to witness to them but I know that right now all I can do is live my life as a good example for them to see, it would be wrong for me to ask them why they are no longer saved or attending church, I would never judge them in that way but I would wait for the right moment to present itself to talk to my friends who have lost their way and hope that they would sit beside me in church again someday!
It's my hope to see them in church with me again someday, pursuing God's calling for their life and welcoming them home! I would love nothing more than to see them in God's family again and gaining back the people that I used to call my friends. 
I want their homecoming to be like this one was in the bible..
Luke 15:20-24
"And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. ’ And they began to celebrate."
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment