Saturday, May 24, 2014

~Our Brothers and Sisters~


As it is Memorial Day Monday I wanted to share a poem with you that I wrote, first I want to say something..there are so many things we can be thankful for and one of those things is what an awesome country we live in! So many men and women have worked hard and sacrificed so much, many have lost their lives while fighting for our freedom and the families at home awaiting their veteran's to return home or having to hear of the painful news that their family member has died defending this country, they have all sacrificed much and I cannot imagine having to lose that much or suffer such loss as they have! I have so much respect for them all and I dedicate this poem to them..
"The flags hang at half mass today, the pain still rests on the shoulders of many, though the pain is now more bare-able, folks still find it as terrible.  I will never truly understand their pain but I shall forever have them on my mind and in that way we shall always be together united we will stand as one nation under God!"
Thank You to all of our veterans, we wouldn't have such a great country without the men and women fighting overseas to keep us to be safe here at home, I'm so proud of you all and have such warm thoughts that I want to send to you! Thank you for all you've done and all you continue to do! Even though we may never meet face to face I want you to know that I love each and every one of you, my brothers and sisters! My prayers go out to you!
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment