Tuesday, August 19, 2014

~A true story of forgiveness~

As I think to myself sometimes, I wonder "have I really forgiven them?" Have I truly discovered what "forgiveness" really is?
When someone tells us that they're sorry from the deepest part of themselves and we say that we forgive them but then we turn around and continue to remind them of their past even though they've changed..doesn't that mean that we have not truly forgiven them? Or is it really showing people "Jesus' love" If there is no forgiveness toward our neighbor? I understand when someone keeps returning to their old ways and you having to always be cautious around that person but not everyone is like that..not everyone abuses the offering of ones forgiveness.
If someone turns away from their past choices and goes to the cross to never return again to the darkest place in their life then shouldn't we treat them as Jesus treated them by saying "come and follow me?"
It seems to me as though we are hurting worse the ones that need a second chance than we are helping them to recover in a positive way! It hurts me when I look around and I see the un-forgiveness, the attitude, the denial, the burden that we put on others for the sins that they've committed..I think it's time to remind ourselves of the burden and weight that Jesus placed upon his own body so that we can become set free from all sin! Jesus came not to die for a world full of sinless people but he came for a purpose to die for the sins of those who were in the world out of such love! Shouldn't we treat people the same way as Jesus did? Shouldn't we remind ourself of the place that we used to be in when it comes to forgiving others?
If you've failed in your life today and you want another chance to do things right this time around..pray this prayer with me, "Jesus, I know that I've made mistakes and I'm sorry but I also know that you died for those sins so I can have another chance, be Lord of my life and give me the strength to move forward, help me to never go back to the person I was yesterday, in Jesus name, Amen!"
If you prayed that prayer then I want to be the first to say "well done" you have made the first step to having a better life by allowing God to fill up the empty space within your heart and to have his help throughout your life to continue to change you for the better! Don't give up but only move closer to all that God has for you by allowing him to make changes inside of you daily!
Maybe you have un-forgiveness in your heart and you need help to forgive others? If so then pray this prayer with me now..
"Jesus, I'm tired of un-forgiveness ruling in my life..please change my heart and mind so I can forgive others and help me to also to be able to forgive myself, make my life pure before your eyes and help me to love them as you once loved me when you gave up your life to set me free, thank you Jesus, Amen!"
1 John 5:20-21
"20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols."
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment