Tuesday, August 19, 2014

~The year of favor~


Isaiah 61:1-2
"​1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn"
I wanted to talk a little bit about the favor of The Lord today by posting a few verses on this very subject,
God's favor is all around us in our everyday lives! 
Favor is like "blessing bonuses" as I like to call them..it's when we've been on our best behavior and God decides to put these blessings into our lives just to show us how wonderful of a God he is!
Psalms 90:17 - 91:2
"17 Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us;
yes, establish the work of our hands!
​1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
If you want some of these "blessing bonuses" like I was talking about, it's quite simple..serve God and stop serving the world and you'll receive God's many blessings that seem to show up nearly out of nowhere! Serve God and he will help you to have the strength to follow after him and deny this world!
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment