Monday, August 11, 2014

~Return to Me~

It's so sad thinking about all of the people that used to attend church that no longer attend anymore, most of the kids that grew up in church with me are lost now that they've grown up..it just breaks my heart that they refuse to come back..I have so many questions in my mind of why this is, did they leave all that they knew from the church all because they heard gossiping in the back corner of the church? Did they leave for college and they got sucked into the "party scene" lifestyle that a lot of others get involved in?
I'm constantly wondering why they left the church entirely or even that they simply let their faith die.
 It hurts in so many ways to see them searching for something in the world when it's always been right there while they were sitting there in the church service..
I long for the day when they come home again and I see them with their hands raised surrendering their lives to God again! I miss their faces, I miss their hugs and most of all I miss seeing them entering in and praising The Lord in the services!
I also wonder if they just had a low self-esteem that never got the attention that it required..that happens sometimes when there are so many other people that are obviously hurting and you overlook the person who seems to be alright when quietly they're hurting inside and they need help, what if that need wasn't met somehow? 
Perhaps we need to have a reality check in the churches and we need to talk to the students more? Maybe if we would look deeper at that person we would see the need that they have? We can reach those lost sheep out there! It's not too late to reach them! God has some amazing things in store for that person and whatever that is..Satan has been working hard to defeat their potential! Satan is a liar and he will not win! God has a purpose for that person out there..for your friends that are no longer in church! Pray for them that their eyes would be open to the things of God and that they will return to church! Reach out to them and continue to encourage them and invite them..one day they will say "yes" and you'll be sitting beside them in church again..you just watch!
Psalms 57:1-2
"​1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
for in you my soul takes refuge;
in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. 2 I cry out to God Most High,
to God who fulfills his purpose for me."
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment