Monday, August 25, 2014

~Perfect love casts out fear~

I'm going to share a story with you that I always felt touched by as a kid and even now that I've grown up it still reminds me of the important things in life, this is a beautiful love story that consists of the bride of Christ and it's sometimes king Solomon conveying his deep and passionate love toward queen Sheba, it's poetry at it's finest in my opinion.
I think we can learn a lot about what undying love is and how deep our devotion should go in our relationship with God and in our relationship with our spouse!
Song of Songs 5:2-7
"2 I slept, but my heart was awake.
A sound! My beloved is knocking.
“Open to me, my sister, my love,
my dove, my perfect one,
for my head is wet with dew,
my locks with the drops of the night.”
3 I had put off my garment;
how could I put it on?
I had bathed my feet;
how could I soil them?
4 My beloved put his hand to the latch,
and my heart was thrilled within me.
5 I arose to open to my beloved,
and my hands dripped with myrrh,
my fingers with liquid myrrh,
on the handles of the bolt.
6 I opened to my beloved,
but my beloved had turned and gone.
My soul failed me when he spoke.
I sought him, but found him not;
I called him, but he gave no answer.
7 The watchmen found me
as they went about in the city;
they beat me, they bruised me,
they took away my veil,
those watchmen of the walls."
They just don't write stories such as this anymore, this is the most beautiful book in the bible when it comes to romance and if you're still trying to figure out your love life then perhaps it wouldn't hurt for you to read the whole book of Song of Songs..I'm thinking the world could afford to learn some valuable lessons on love from this book..there are just too many heartbreakers in the world these days..it's so sad to witness it and see the brokenhearted victims of it! I want the kids out there to learn about "love" not "lust" we need to focus on transforming their opinion on love and let them see what it's really made of according to what God planned it to be!
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment