Sunday, June 15, 2014

~Papa, Daddy, Father..~

~Papa, Daddy, Father..~
Today is a very important day, it's Father's Day and I wanted to write something special for not only my dad but in honor of all the other great fathers out there!
Firstly, my dad has taught me so much about life, he has taught me about what it means to treat people in a decent way, he has taught me that you should never give up on your faith in God and in people, and he has shown me what a great Man looks like and what to look for in finding Mr. Right someday!
Most importantly he has shown me how to continue my walk in Christ no matter what I may come face to face to battle along the way, I am everything I am today because my Dad believed in the person that I could be and allowing me to be "the quiet person" and assured me that I would someday come into my calling in the ministry, he never forced me or pressured me to become someone I'm not..he never made me speak up, understanding that I'm the way I am for a reason..because God made me that way! He never told me that I had to become something that I'm not..instead he stood beside me and let me grow into who I am today!
I'm so thankful for the confidence he had in me then, I know I'm the person I am today because he believed in what I could become!
My father also taught me the love of music and he passed on a legacy already that lives through me every day..my love for singing! I will always have that legacy to pass on to my kids someday, I want my kids to see the person that I am and be blessed by my example..the example that my Dad passed on to me! My children will always know how valuable they are in my eyes and they will know that I have faith in them that they'll pursue God's calling over their lives! Like my Dad has taught me how important faith in God is and in the ministry so I will teach my children those valuable lessons as well!
In my mind my Dad has taught me the most important things that you can teach any child..Courage to make a difference, Faith to get you through it, Wisdom to pass on to future generations, Having a loving heart, Always say "I'm sorry" and admit when you're wrong, and most importantly..Never give up on yourself or your dreams, never change your personality to please someone else because God made you right the first time! We can improve who we are through God but we should never try to be someone that we're just not!
Be unique in the way that God made you and believe in yourself..and believe in the beauty of your dreams!
Thank You Dad for protecting me when I needed protected and for holding me when I was feeling rejected, you will always be the rock of which I'll be standing! I love you Dad! Thanks for allowing me to be your Jazz listening, black and white movie watching, church going, hopeful romantic, journal and blog writing daughter! I'll always be greatful to you!
Happy Father's Day to my Dad and to all the other great Dad's out there!
If there are any fathers-to-be out there here's a verse for you that can help you to be that good example for your child that's on the way..
Proverbs 22:4-6
"The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.
Thorns and snares are in the way of the crooked;
whoever guards his soul will keep far from them.
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment