Monday, June 2, 2014

~The lover of my soul~

When I think about the passion that we are supposed to have for God it brings my mind to two different areas in the bible, the first area that we're going to go to is in psalms, now lets first talk about David and the passion that he had in all aspects of his life, even when David sinned against God..he still bounced right back to where he needed to be! 
David was a poet, a lyricist, a musician and eventually he became a king, but before he rose to fame by becoming king he was simply a young man after God's own heart! 
When you read throughout psalms you will discover his sorrow, his longing, his triumph, his defeat but no matter what happened in David's life the thing you know about him most of all was his undying and passionate love for God!
Let's read through a few different areas of psalms today and see all the various sides of David..
Psalms 27:1-3
"The Lord is my light and my salvation;
 whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
When evildoers assail me
to eat up my flesh,
my adversaries and foes,
it is they who stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear;
though war arise against me,
yet I will be confident."
Now in this verse he is talking about how God has always been the one that has gotten him through even in battle he has been there beside David!
Let's move on to the times when David felt overwhelmed but was never one to give up on his faith when times got tough for him..
Psalms 42:9 - 43:4
"I say to God, my rock:
“Why have you forgotten me?
 Why do I go mourning
because of the oppression of the enemy?”
As with a deadly wound in my bones,
my adversaries taunt me,
 while they say to me all the day long,
“Where is your God?”
Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my salvation and my God.
Vindicate me, O God, and defend my cause
against an ungodly people,
from the deceitful and unjust man
deliver me!
For you are the God in whom I take refuge;
why have you rejected me?
Why do I go about mourning
because of the oppression of the enemy?
Send out your light and your truth;
let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy hill
and to your dwelling!
Then I will go to the altar of God,
to God my exceeding joy,
and I will praise you with the lyre,
O God, my God."
No matter what David faced..he never gave up on God and he continued to press on..knowing that God was going to get him through it all..just like he always did!
Now lets move on to another area in the bible, I believe that this is the ultimate love story and to this day it still beats the story of Romeo & Juliet or any other romance novel that there could possibly be!
Yes..it's songs of Solomon, though there are VERY DEEP words in this book that still makes me blush to this day..it still shows us how deeply and passionately our love should be for our God! And at the same time it shows us how deeply king Solomon was in love with his beloved queen Sheba, I think we could also learn something about issues of the heart as well from this book in the bible and learn to take romance more seriously and perhaps it would last through the tests of time, now it's obvious where king Solomon got his romantic side from considering his dad was king David after all..so you can notice the family resemblance here..
Song of Songs 1:15
"Behold, you are beautiful, my love;
behold, you are beautiful;
your eyes are doves."
Song of Songs 4:9-10
You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride;
you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes,
with one jewel of your necklace.
How beautiful is your love, my sister, my bride!
How much better is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your oils than any spice!"
This is the kind of love we should all strive for..a lasting love with the person God has created for us to be with, if we make a real effort in our relationship with God and someday with a future spouse, this is how it should be according to the bible.
I know it might seem strange to you that I would have such a mature attitude concerning issues of the heart but I've always had the vision of everything that it should be and God created me to be very poetic, tender and affectionate when it comes to this and I only hope that you can learn from today's blog post just what love really is and how the Savior deeply loves you!
Always have a loving heart and keep the faith, never grow bitter even though you've tasted bitterness in your life before, and remember to smile because life's too short to be unhappy, and most of all thank God above for every single blessing that you have been given in your life!
Always live a life of forgiveness and grace, never play the blame game in life because you'll end up wasting your life away with someone who doesn't care or you may even end up alone. Make today count because yesterday is history and tomorrow is a great mystery..make the most of it!
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment