Monday, February 3, 2014

~As for comforters, but I found none~

(Psalm 69:16-17) "Answer me, O Lord, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me. Hide not your face from your servant; for I am in distress; make haste to answer me."
How many times in our lives do we all seem to pray this prayer? I know I have gone to this verse many, many times in my life when I was feeling low in my life and I wasn't sure where to turn to next!
Sometimes in our lives we just cannot seem to find the answers or the direction we need to turn to go in our lives. There are always struggles in life and we can choose to get up and face those struggles head on or we can coward and run away from them and they will remain as they are instead of overcoming them!
We need to face these problems as quickly as we can so we can move on to good times again in our lives, Though it's hard right now in your life, think of how much harder it would become if you didn't turn to resolve your situation now! The best way to go about it is to cry out to God and allow him to hear from your own mouth of the problem you are dealing with! God wants us to feel like we can always run to him and take comfort in his arms! God is stronger and mightier than what we are going through, He can handle you telling him what you're dealing with and he WILL COME TO HELP YOU! Cry out to Jesus he will hear your cry for help every time! Sometimes it's right away and sometimes it may take a little while but God is always good with his timing, Never too early, Never too late, He's right on time!
Sometimes when we are hurting, there isn't anyone around to help us or tell us it's going to be alright and that we're going to make it through it, That is why we have the word of God to bring us the comfort and reassurance that what we are facing is temporary and it won't last forever, only for a season in our lives!
I remember when I went through a very hard time in my life and I was in such despair! It was when I was a teenager around 14 or 15 and I was struggling with depression because some other teenagers that I thought were my friends were talking badly about me and gossiping about things that weren't true about me! I didn't understand why they were being that way toward me because I had been a true friend to all of them and I remember feeling such betrayal and overwhelming depression come over me, All of a sudden my whole world was turned upside down and I looked for comforters but there were none! I thought I had friends but they suddenly had turned themselves into enemies, I didn't choose for that to happen to me but I was faced with it and I didn't know what else to do besides reading my bible and praying about it! I finally came across a verse that really touched me back then and I turn to this verse when I feel alone and when I feel like the walls are beginning to cave in on me! (Psalm 69:18-20) "Draw near to my soul, redeem me; ransom me because of my enemies! You know my reproach, and my shame and dishonor; my foes are all known to you. Reproaches have broken my heart, so that I am in despair. I looked for pity, but there was none, and for comforters, but I found none."
When I read this verse I knew I wasn't alone in my despair, someone else had cried out to God before just like I was doing! I found comfort in those words, and I knew that they lived to write that verse so that someone like me would find comfort and hope from those words! It's amazing how the word of God is still able to minister after all this time! Those words of hope will always be there for us to read and know that God is with us, even though we may not have anyone around us to give us comfort! God will be our comfort! Cry out to him and read his word! GOD WILL SHOW UP AND HELP YOU IN YOUR NEED!!
Don't lose hope! God is with you and he loves you! Take a deep breath now because it's in God's hands and he's taking care of it now, wait upon the Lord..God is fixing it for you and it will be worth the wait!
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment