Wednesday, February 5, 2014

~God..The Great Romancer~

Okay, So being the hopeless romantic that I am, it was only a matter of time before I would write something of the heart! And since valentines day is coming up soon I thought I'd write something for the ones who won't have anyone as their "date" on valentines day..Like myself! Now before you start feeling like I'm throwing a pity party I'm not, I'm used to being single on valentines day because I've never really had a "valentine" before, So this blog is going to those of you who are single or your valentine couldn't be with you on the special day coming up before we know it!
First of all..when we think about Valentines day we think about one thing..Chocolate! even if you're not a big fan of chocolate I bet you eat at least one piece of chocolate on your special day, if you're like me! I always make a fancy meal at home for myself and watch old black&white movies! I really spoil myself on Valentines day! A few years ago I made Fillet Mignon with creamy mashed sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus for my Valentine's day dinner and I had a very nice date night even though I was alone..I wasn't lonely at all!
Now let's move on to the important things tonight, Let's talk about the most romantic person ever! It's God! That's right, I said God! We are made in his image which is why most of us are very romantic by nature, some of us are more passionate than cheezy romantic but If you're like me I am what you call a hopeless romantic by nature! When we think about a romantic place to go to in the bible we either talk about the story of Esther or better yet Song of Solomon, Tonight we're going to go to Song of Solomon and become reminded of God's love for us! Now we all know how in love King Solomon was with the queen of Sheba, God desires to romance us in the same way and give us the truest kind of love there is!
(Song of Solomon 8:6-7) "Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm; for love is a strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it out: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be condemned."
I love to read these romantic words from the Bible! It's so uncommon to read from any other book these days! But who would've ever thought these poetic words could ever be from God's word! God loves you more than anyone ever will! That's what I feel when I read these beautiful words and I am suddenly reminded of God's unending, unfailing Love! (Song of Solomon 6: 3) "I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies."
God is proud to call us "HIS" He loves us beyond our understanding! He wants to sweep us off our feet and carry us into his kingdom and he wants to make us feel special! He Loves you and longs for your attention and affection! In the words of Chris Tomlin " You and I were made to worship, You and I were called by love, you and I are forgiven and free, you and I embrace surrender, you and I choose to believe, you and I will see that we were meant to be."
So when you're lonely just remember how much your heavenly father loves you and I promise you that he will give you a song to sing and you will always feel his unending love sweeping over you! Because God's love is the most real thing that you could ever feel and his affection is unlike any other! He cares for you and don't worry about Mr. Right not being in your life yet! Mr. Right's name is God and he will never fail you and he will never leave you if you fail him either! I Love him so much and I find comfort in his arms when I'm lonely! I know that you can also feel comfort from God..The great romancer!
~Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment